Triumph Motorcycles has launched the 2018 Tiger 1200 XC and XR line-up at the Milan Motorcycle Show (EICMA), November 7.
Triumph claims the new Tiger 1200s are up to 10 kilos lighter than the previous generation.
The weight loss comes from a range of developments across the engine, chassis and exhaust system.
Triumph claims it has improved each model’s responsiveness and dynamic capability, and significantly enhanced the agility and manoeuvrability – both on and off-road.
Both models include cornering lighting, updated cruise control, new adjustable full-colour TFT display screen, all-new LED lighting, new ergonomically sculpted backlit switchgear and heated grip function and up/down quickshifter.
Keyless ignition is featured on higher spec models, as well as an ‘Off-Road Pro’ riding mode on the XC models.
A new generation engine is claimed to provide more immediate power delivery lower down the rev range.
A new seat compound, revised handlebar positioning and updated frame geometry is expected to improve rider ergonomics.
Triumph Tiger 1200 new features:
- Triumph Shift Assist – Providing seamless clutchless up and down gearshifts, this system facilitates silky smooth gear changes and significantly reduces rider fatigue
- Adaptive Cornering Lighting – Advanced dynamic system providing enhanced night-time visibility, with increasing lighting intensity dependant on lean angle
- Arrow titanium and carbon fibre silencer – High specification, lightweight and stylish Arrow silencer, finished with a titanium wrap and carbon fibre end cap and strap
- All-LED lighting – Providing more enhanced visibility and style, Triumph’s LED signature lighting creates clear views ahead and from behind
- Five-inch adjustable TFT instruments – Full colour and clear instrumentation providing precise rider information with an intuitive operation
- Backlit handlebar switch cubes and 5-way joystick control – New ergonomically-designed fully backlit handlebar switch cubes and joystick to make night-time use even easier
- “Off-Road Pro” riding mode – Delivering the most focused off-road set up ever, advanced riders can opt to turn off rider aid systems and be in total control with no traction control or ABS intervention
- Keyless ignition – Now even easier to live with daily, featuring a premium keyless ignition
- Updated cruise control – Accessed easily through the left hand switchcube, the new single button cruise control helps to reduce rider fatigue
Triumph Tiger 1200 core features:
- Unique 1215cc triple engine with shaft drive (the most powerful shaft driven motorcycle in segment, delivering 141PS)
- Triumph Semi-Active Suspension incorporating WP adjustable front and rear suspension
- Brembo Monobloc 4-piston radial calipers and integrated braking system
- Up to six riding modes
- Hill hold control
- Electrically adjustable touring screen
- Inertial Measurement Unit (six-axis)
- Optimised cornering ABS
- Optimised cornering traction control
- Ride-by-wire throttle
- Heated grips & heated rider and pillion seats
- Advanced on-board computer and immobiliser
- Power sockets (2 x 12v, 1 x USB).
There’s lots more Cycle Torque content on Youtube, Instagram and Facebook, and it’s all free… but we could use your support.
Cycle Torque ticked along on advertising for years, but in recent times the digital advertising revenues can’t hope to replace print income, so if you like Cycle Torque’s articles, videos and photos we’d appreciate it if you could contribute just $1 month so we can keep riding, writing, shooting and posting! Check out our page at Patreon.com or our support page.