Ben Grabham is out of the Dakar Rally after crashing in the fourth stage of the event, between San Juan and Chilecito, Argentina.
Ben fell in the difficult conditions the Dakar is renowned for, clipping a rock on top of a dusty mountainside and tumbled with the bike for close to 100-metres.
Suffering a head injury in the accident along with some minor cuts and bruises, Grabham was taken to an Argentinian hospital for monitoring, where he has received the all-clear.
Ben was forced to play catch-up from his misfortune on Stage three and did not have access to team resources overnight.
Grabham was running third on day three when he was one of four riders to follow a lead competitor in the wrong direction, getting badly stuck on a steep mountainside. A rider in the group crashed badly, where Ben waited with others for the injured rider to be airlifted to safety.
Three-time winner Mark Coma won the Fifth stage of the event from Jordi Viladoms and Helder Rodrigues.
Coma has overtaken Joan Barreda Bort as overall leader in the 2014 Dakar, currently 41-minutes ahead of the Spaniard
2014 Dakar Rally overall rankings after Stage 5:
1. M. COMA (ESP) KTM 18:45:11
2. J. BARREDA BORT (ESP) HONDA 19:26:21 00:41:10
3. F. LOPEZ CONTARDO (CHL) KTM 19:38:52 00:53:41
4. J. VILADOMS (ESP) KTM 19:44:09 00:58:58
5. A. DUCLOS (FRA) SHERCO 19:47:24 01:02:13
6. J. ISRAEL ESQUERRE (CHL) SPEEDBRAIN 20:08:41 01:23:30
7. O. PAIN (FRA) YAMAHA 20:12:33 01:27:22 00:15:00
8. K. PRZYGONSKI (POL) KTM 20:28:13 01:43:029
9. D. CASTEU (FRA) KTM 20:37:52 01:52:41
10. H. RODRIGUES (PRT) HONDA 20:43:29 01:58:18