The cards continued to fall into place for Team Suzuki’s Wayne Maxwell (above), who is just two races away from taking his first ever QBE Australian Superbike Championship title.
Maxwell’s domination of the Superbike class continued today with the Victorian rider storming to Superpole victory with a new best lap of 1.32.274
“I couldn’t be happier,” Maxwell said. “To take my second pole position and set a new best lap in these conditions, with the wind blowing at 30km per hour, is a big achievement. The GSX-R worked really well today and Dunlop gave me a great tyre at such a difficult track.
“There are still two races to get through tomorrow, but we gained another point with today’s Superpole win,” he continued.
NextGen Motorsports Glenn Allerton,- who set the fastest qualifying time, was second fastest in Superpole ahead of Team Volvo Suzuki rider Robbie Bugden.
“It does feel great to get Superpole in the bag today,” Morris said. “We had a technical issue in Darwin and missed out, but we made up for it today and it is my first Superpole win of the year.
“My goal for tomorrow is to go out and win both races. For me to take the title Daniel really has to make a mistake so I will just go out and do what I can and see what happens from there.”
The final round of the 2013 QBE Australian Superbike Championship will conclude at Phillip Island Grand Prix Circuit tomorrow.
QBE Australian Superbike Superpole Results
1. Wayne MAXWELL (Suzuki GSX-R) 1:32.274
2. Glenn ALLERTON (BMW HP4) 1:32.996
3. Robert BUGDEN (Suzuki GSX-R) 1:33.194
4. Josh HOOK (Honda CBR RR)1:33.259
5. Jamie STAUFFER (Honda CBR RR) 1:33.475
6. Beau BEATON (Suzuki GSX-R) /1:34.648
7. Chas HERN (Suzuki GSX-R) 1:34.830
8. Linden MAGEE (BMW HP4) 1:35.125
9. Ben HENRY (Suzuki GSX-R) 1:36.487
10. Phil LOVETT (Kawasaki ZX10R) 1:36.475
11. Ben BURKE (Kawasaki ZX10R) 1:36.706 …etc
Motul Supersport Superpole Results
1. Aaron MORRIS (Yamaha YZF-R6) 1:35.971
2. Daniel FALZON (Yamaha YZF-R6) 1:36.514
3. MICHAEL BLAIR (Yamaha YZF-R6) 1:37.950
4. Hudson PITT (Suzuki GSX-R) 1:38.217
5. Mitch LEVY (Suzuki GSX-R) 1:38.291
6. Aaron GOBERT (Kawasaki ZX6R) 1:38.464
7. Ryan TAYLOR (Yamaha YZF-R6) 1:38.635
8. Mason COOTE (Yamaha YZF-R6) 1:38.762
9. Thomas BRYDEN (Yamaha YZF-R6) 1:42.600
10. Cam RUSSELL (Yamaha YZF-R6) 1:41.775 …etc
Images courtesy of Andrew Gosling/TBG Images