The Red Bull Grand Prix of the Americas brought victory in the Moto3 race for Jack Miller, with the Red Bull KTM Ajo rider being joined on the podium by Romano Fenati and Efren Vazquez.
A crash for Alex Marquez (Estrella Galicia 0,0) on the final lap ruined his day when he was in the hunt for the podium, leaving Fenati (SKY Racing Team VR46) and Vazquez (SAXOPRINT RTG) to chase the rampant Miller to the finish line, with the Australian ultimately outpacing his rivals.
After winning at Qatar Miller now has maximum points from the first two rounds and he deservedly won from pole after leading for most of the race.
Behind the podium finishers an off-colour Alex Rins (Estrella Galicia 0,0) finished fourth, with Jakub Kornfeil (Calvo Team) following the Spaniard across the line in fifth.
The experienced Alexis Masbou (Ongetta-Rivacold) was sixth, with Francesco Bagnaia (SKY Racing Team VR46), Danny Kent (Red Bull Husqvarna Ajo), John McPhee (SAXOPRINT RTG) and Karel Hanika (Red Bull KTM Ajo) all in the top ten.
There were early crashes for Arthur Sissis (Mahindra Racing), Andrea Locatelli (San Carlo Team Italia) and Matteo Ferrari (San Carlo Team Italia), with Locatelli rejoining to finish 25th.
Hafiq Azmi (SIC-Ajo KTM) crashed and rejoined for 24th, whilst Isaac Viñales (Calvo Team) crashed out at turn 19 on lap 8 with Niccolo Antonelli (Junior Team GO&FUN) going down at the same corner a lap later. Antonelli was taken to the medical centre by ambulance to be checked over after the race.
Luca Grünwald (Kiefer Racing) jump started and faced a penalty, riding through pit lane to rejoin but finishing 23rd. There were late retirements meanwhile for Brad Binder (Ambrogio Racing) and Gabriel Ramos (Kiefer Racing.
1. Jack Miller AUS Red Bull KTM Ajo (KTM) 41m 6.659s
2. Romano Fenati ITA SKY Racing Team VR46 (KTM) 41m 6.728s
3. Efren Vazquez SPA SaxoPrint-RTG (Honda) 41m 6.831s
4. Alex Rins SPA Estrella Galicia 0,0 (Honda) 41m 13.841s
5. Jakub Kornfeil CZE Calvo Team (KTM) 41m 13.923s
6. Alexis Masbou FRA Ongetta-Rivacold (Honda) 41m 26.766s
7. Francesco Bagnaia ITA SKY Racing Team VR46 (KTM) 41m 27.040s
8. Danny Kent GBR Red Bull Husqvarna Ajo (Husqvarna) 41m 30.640s
9. John McPhee GBR SaxoPrint-RTG (Honda) 41m 30.691s
10. Karel Hanika CZE Red Bull KTM Ajo (KTM) 41m 30.881s
11. Juanfran Guevara SPA Mapfre Aspar Team Moto3 (Kalex-KTM) 41m 31.476s
12. Livio Loi BEL Marc VDS Racing Team (Kalex-KTM) 41m 41.293s
13. Enea Bastianini ITA Junior Team Go&FUN Moto3 (KTM) 41m 41.614s
14. Niklas Ajo FIN Avant Tecno Husqvarna Ajo (Husqvarna) 41m 41.679s
15. Miguel Oliveira POR Mahindra Racing (Mahindra) 41m 42.095s
16. Alessandro Tonucci ITA CIP (Mahindra) 41m 44.965s
17. Zulfahmi Khairuddin MAL Ongetta-AirAsia (Honda) 41m 45.195s
18. Eric Granado BRA Calvo Team (KTM) 41m 55.984s
19. Scott Deroue NED RW Racing GP (Kalex-KTM) 42m 9.081s
20. Philipp Oettl GER Interwetten Paddock Moto3 (Kalex-KTM) 42m 9.268s
21. Ana Carrasco SPA RW Racing GP (Kalex-KTM) 42m 9.354s
22. Jules Danilo FRA Ambrogio Racing (Mahindra) 42m 15.519s
23. Luca Grünwald GER Kiefer Racing (Kalex-KTM) 42m 25.564s
24. Hafiq Azmi MAL SIC-AJO (KTM) 43m 10.741s
25. Andrea Locatelli ITA San Carlo Team Italia (Mahindra) 1 lap
26. Bryan Schouten NED CIP (Mahindra) 1 lap